Whether you are a boat owner or an avid boater, one of the most frustrating things that can happen is running aground. Running aground puts excessive wear on your boat, and you may even destroy the propellers. If you want your boat to be visible to other boats and to marine animals, there’s no better option than underwater boat lights.
Experts recommend that you install underwater boat lights on your boat as a safety measure. We recommend them as a safety measure too—and we also think they look cool.
Below you will find in-depth reviews of the best underwater boat lights on the market for you to browse through.
We’ve also put together a handy buyer’s guide that will help you decide which underwater boat lights you need.
|SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light||Best Overall|
|Firewatermarine Super Delux 10 WATT Garboard Brass Boat Plug Light 1000-1200 LUMENS||Budget Pick|
|jiawill 60W CREE LED Surface Mount Underwater Boat Lights 316L Stainless Steel||Upgrade Pick|
1. SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light
- Amazing brightness
- Sturdy, solid construction
- Includes an easy to use mount
- Reduces visibility of algae
- The bronze finish is very classy
- Easy to find in case of a trouble
- AA batteries for extended power
- Mount isn’t as flexible as expected
- The batteries are not included in the package
- Doesn’t turn off automatically
LED lights, 1-Watt.
The SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light from Night Owl Optics is an underwater light with high-intensity LED technology.
Constructed from impact and damage resistant ABS plastic, the maximum depth of this light can reach up to 150 ft.
2. BASIKER Waterproof Marine Lights
- Waste good battery life
- Compatible with all manufacturers
- Very economical
- These are the best underwater boat lights
- The best type of lights
These are the best type of underwater boat lights, they are waterproof and easy to use. They also look great and they come with many accessories. These lights are the best lights you can get, they are used by many people and they are very great. You can also use these lights for many things such as for your deck, or underwater. They are the best for your boat, they come with many things, so if you want to boat to look great and get many compliments you need to get these lights. The lights come with the battery, and many accessories which are also great. The battery goes into the lights back and the lights go on your boat, and then you are good to go. If you use these lights on your boat while it is on the water then it should stay on for a while, it also might come with extra batteries. You can also use these lights for other things as well such as to put on a stand and for those days you wake up and have no sunlight you can use these lights to provide you some light. If you want your boat to look great, you need to get these lights, and they are very affordable.
3. jiawill 60W CREE LED Surface Mount Underwater Boat Lights 316L Stainless Steel
- Come in a pack of three
- Uses Cree LEDs
- Very durable metal construction
- Easy to install
- Takes 60W of power
- Toughened glass lenses ensure clarity
- High luminosity
- Can be used on many different types of boats
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Lighting angle can be adjusted
The JiaWill CREE Surface Mount Underwater Boat Lights are popular among customers. They provide a high luminosity which is very noticeable. You can use these lights on both boats and RVs.
The lights have been designed to look great and to perfectly fit the surface of your boat. Of course there are similar models, but this is one of the best as it offers the most features.
These lights are made for many marine uses, such as sailing, kayaking and fishing etc. The installation goes very smoothly. The rugged and solid construction of the lights make sure they last.
4. jiawill Dual Color 120W CREE LED Surface Mount Underwater Boat Lights 316L Stainless Steel
- Super bright lights
- Easy to install
- Can be dimmed and adjusted
- Can swivel and tilt
- Has a wide light range
- 180-degree flood illuminates a wide area
- Has no mounting template
- LED bulbs are single-color
- No lens
- Can cycle through colors, but cannot maintain a single color
- The blue lights are noticeably brighter than the white
The Jiawill Dual-Color 120W Underwater Boat Lights are a powerful string of lights capable of being submerged. They’re made from stainless steel and will shine brightly while being resistant to corrosion. Because of the shell, you can easily tell if the bulbs have been damaged due to inadvertent contact with rocks.
The lights are powered by a 120W water-resistant power supply. The power supply is really easy to work with and you can easily attach it to your boat like an anti-theft measure so you won’t drop it into the water. The Jiawill Lighting makes use of a driver to turn the electricity into the voltage needed to power the lights. The lights also feature an accelerometer which detects any vibrations from the boat. When detecting vibrations, the lights will automatically turn on and start working.
5. Pactrade Marine Boat Pontoon SS316 2W x 6 LED Blue Underwater Light 10-30V IP 68
6. Tidal Wake IP68 Underwater 1/2in Standard Boat Drain Plug LED Light
- IP68 Waterproof Rating
- Powerful under-boat lighting
- Weighs 1 lbs
- You need to install the lights separately, but it’s a good thing it’s easy to install.
- Have you ever had a need for under-boat lighting? If you live in a portion of the world where it gets really cold in the winter nights, you will definitely need a good under-boat bottom LED light.
The Tidal Wake LED light is what you need to illuminate the bottom of your boat for easy docking and launching at night. It’s easy to use, versatile and is very durably built.
First of all, this LED light fits perfectly in any standard boat drain. It’s not the usual one or two lights that covers a couple of feet, but a string of colorful lights that last for a long time.
You can install it yourself without getting any professional help. You just have to put it inside the boat drain, secure it with the screws provided, and plug it in the electric source via a simple on/off switch.
7. Jiawill 316L Stainless Steel Underwater 1/2" NPT 9 to 30V 27w Boat Drain Plug Light
- Includes a uniquely designed base
- Won’t wear out from corrosion
- Sturdy and cool looking
- Very easy to install
8. T-H Marine LED-51867-DP High-Intensity Underwater LED Light
- LED lights are energy-efficient and low power consumption
- Vibrant colors and brightness
- Waterproof housing
- Waterproof, high performance LEDs
From one of the leading manufacturers of marine aftermarket lighting, comes the T-H Marine 51867-DP. A high-intensity LED light with a dedicated blue color to prevent marine growth.
It has eight dynamic light settings that reveal the fish hangout and strike zones. It comes with a pivotable mounting bracket that gives you the flexibility to locate and aim