Buying a new boat trailer can be a great option if you know what to look for. If you have the right trailer you can haul your boat just about anywhere and even store it in the winter!
That said, you need to make the right purchase when it comes to boat trailers. The trailer you buy has a lot to do with the performance you’ll see so you need to get the right one.
Our comprehensive guide to buying a new boat trailer will get you off on the right foot. We’ve covered all the angles so that you acquire the perfect trailer in no time.
|Rigid Hitch Trailer Hub Kit||Best Overall|
|One Cotter Pin Bearing Kit||Budget Pick|
|Tie Down Engineering 81022 1750 lbs. 5 Stud Vortex Hub Kit||Upgrade Pick|
1. Rigid Hitch Trailer Hub Kit
- A set of four ball bearings replaces all four trailer kingpins
- Bearing replacement is clean and easy
- The wheel bearing design allows for a comfortable ride with no wheel hop or sag
- Zero maintenance
- Great for use with small to large boats
- Can support up to 5,750 pounds
- Manufactured by a leading trailer company
- The ball bearings need to be greased, and must be greased periodically
- The bearings are slightly noisier than a normal kingpin
Great for 6 inch x 1.5 inch Street Bikes Plus Sailboats
If you are looking for a wheel bearing kit that will replace all four of your trailer kingpins, then you may want to consider the Rigid Hitch Trailer Hub Kit.
Wheel bearing kits are great additions to boats, particularly the large ones. They typically have a large amount of weight, which makes the wheel bearings harder to turn. The bearings will also wear and can get damaged more easily than a normal trailer axle.
2. Pair of Trailer Bearing Repair Kits
- Affordable price
- Option to include installation tool, grease, and bearings
- Easy to install
- Able to support a lot of weight
- Has convenient bearings that can handle 8,000 lbs of pressure
If you’re looking for a great trailer bearing, then the Manufacturer’s Remanufactured Pair of Trailer Bearing Repair Kits for 1-1/16 Inch Straight Spindles is probably what you need for your boat trailer or trailer. These bearings are designed to last and can support up to 8,000 pounds of pressure.
These bearings can be used to replace the trailer bearings for a variety of trailers. These bearings also come with the option of a tool kit which includes 4 brass cups, 4 self-locking nuts, 4 washers, and 1 grease gun.
Even if you’re not good with mechanical things, removing the old bearings from the trailer is fairly straightforward. We recommend using a helping hand to get the job done right and fast.
3. (Set of 4) WPS 3500# Trailer Tandem Axle Bearing Kits L68149 L44649 Grease Seal 10-19 I.D. 1.719''
- Standard sizes and applications
- Industry-approved grease seal
- Easy to install
We would like to briefly cover boat trailer bearings. These bearings, which come in 1,000 pack sets, are a set of replacement trailer bearings, built to the industry standard.
These bearings are perfect for trailers, and comes with grease seals.
These bearings are a standard size that can be used in many applications.
4. Bearing Kit
- Best fitting bearings for your trailer
- Clear and detailed instructions
- Quality material
- Doesn’t include grease
- Need to remove or add your own washer
With this bearing kit, you’ll have a replacement if it’s worn out instead of buying a new trailer. The bearings are made from top-quality material.
It will work just as well as a brand-new trailer’s. It has high shaft bearings and a tapered cone for different size wire holes.
5. CE Smith Trailer Tapered 1-3/8" to 1-1/16" Stud
- Great value
- Easy to install
- Manufactured in the U.S.A
A tapered hub is designed to fit a tapered axle. This hub is tapered on both ends, therefore, it serves as a hub for both the front and rear wheels. It is made of galvanized steel.
If you are looking for hub bearings, this is a good value for your money. This product is manufactured by a quality brand, so you can expect it to be a long-lasting and tough product.
Installation on a trailer is fairly simple as there are already pre-drilled holes that you can easily match. The bolts for installation are also included in the package.
6. Tie Down Engineering 81022 1750 lbs. 5 Stud Vortex Hub Kit
- Easy to install
- If you don’t unpack it carefully, it may have some scratches on the rim
- A little bit heavy
This tie-down engineering vortex hub kit is made using galvanized steel for added durability. It is rated up to 6,000 lb so you can be sure that this wheel assembly is strong enough to support your boat.
The hubs will fit most types and sizes of boat trailers, and it is quite easy to install. Once installed, you’ll be able to tow your boat without worrying about any problems.
7. One Cotter Pin Bearing Kit
The one cotter pin bearings are just that. One cotter pin and one cotter pin bearing gets you one spare wheel axle.
Bottom line: Spare parts are important, and this is a great product to have around to provide the bearings in the cotter pin for your boat trailer.
8. 2-Pack Trailer Wheel Hub Pre-Greased Complete Galvanized 5 Lug
- A single wheel has a weight capacity of 975 lbs
- Easy to install
- Grease fittings already included
- Bearings made from high-quality components
- Sturdy construction
- Extremely durable
- Rust and corrosion resistant
Due to the grease fitting, these bearings may lose some of their grease. This can happen immediately and over time. As a result, they may start squeaking. Some users have also reported that they lost all the grease. This may be due to the pressure the bearing may undergo over time.
These bearings are made from high-quality components. They have a corrosion-resistant galvanized steel housing. This means that you can use them for years. You don’t have to worry about them rusting. Because of their sturdy construction, they can support quite a lot of weight.
When it comes to rugged construction, there’s no better material than stainless steel. These bearings are made of stainless steel which means you won’t have to worry about corrosion or rust. This makes them extremely durable. It will be many years before you start having any maintenance issue.
9. XiKe 2 Set Fits
- Simple and easy to use, The bearings go on easily.
Compatibility. The bearings fit perfectly in a 1-1/16 inch axle.
Speed. They are designed to be faster than standard bearings.
Quality. They are well made and sturdy.
10. LIBRA Set of 2 Trailer Idler Hub Kits 5 on 4.5
- Heavy duty
- Includes all the nuts and bolts
These hubs are great for trailers that have 5-on-4.5 truck-size axles. They come in a set of 2 hubs, and they are made from heat-treated steel so they will hold up great.
The hubs are a grease-less design, so they can easily be installed. You will need to buy new lube for them before you can use them, and if you need to do any adjustments, you can follow the instructions that are included with your hubs. These hubs go on pretty easily, bu