We don’t need to tell you about the allure of boating. Whether you’re sailing, boating, or fishing, you can’t deny that getting a little time on the water is better than having to deal with traffic and shopping for most people. Even if you don’t have a boat, you can still enjoy the water. If you’re planning to get out to the water any time soon, you may want to pick up a good boat cleaning brush.
Your boat can only be as clean as you allow it to be, and a good cleaning brush can make your life a heck of a lot easier.
|Shurhold 1960 Marine Mate Soft Brush||Best Overall|
|CARCAREZ 10" Car Wash Brush||Budget Pick|
|Star brite 3'-6' Standard Extending Handle||Upgrade Pick|
1. Shurhold 1960 Marine Mate Soft Brush
- Split-end fibers makes it suitable for sensitive surfaces
- Rounded longer bristles that help work cleaner to get even the hard to reach places
- Sturdy handle & comfortable to use
- Can also be used on gel coat, fiberglass, and painted surfaces
- Handle is not adjustable
The Shurholg 1960 Marine Mate Soft Brush is a must-have tool if you intend to keep your boat nice and shiny with minimum effort. It is perfect for under-gunnel storage and features a 48” threaded wood handle.
2. Shurhold 970 6" Deck Brush
- Great for basic detailing jobs
- Available in different textures: extra stiff, medium, soft & extra soft
- Suitable for isinglass and Plexiglass
- Handle is not included
The Shurhold Deck Brush is a great option for wood, fiberglass, metal, painted surfaces, and even more sensitive surfaces, like isinglass and Plexiglass. The nylon bristles are extra soft so that they won’t scratch or damage your boat.
The Shurhold Deck Brush is durable and long-lasting. You can attach the brush to any Shu hold handles.
3. Star brite 3'-6' Standard Extending Handle
- Convenient long handle
- High-quality, sturdy construction
- Cleans deeply and efficiently
- Some had issues attaching the handle to the brush
The Star Brite 3‛-6‛ Standard Extending Handle with 8" Deluxe Brush Combo is a high-quality cleaning tool for boats, cars, and RV vehicles. It’s made of high-quality materials and is actually quite durable.
The brush is quite sturdy and does a good job. The extendable handle is easy and quick to use, and it folds away when not in use.
4. Better Boat Deck Brush Medium Bristle
- High-quality medium-textured bristles
- Lighter & inexpensive than steel brushes
- Can be attached to any handle with a universal tip
- Thin river that snaps easily
The Better Boat Deck Brush Medium is perfect for easy cleaning jobs. You can attach it to any pole with a universal tip, but one thing to be aware of is that the river breaks easily, and it might need some reinforcement.
5. Star brite Standard 8" Brush Head
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use
- Fairly lightweight
- Bristles might be too flimsy for some
The Star Brite brushes are designed for cleaning and scrubbing down the outside of your boat, its hull, and cabin. They are made from strong and durable polymer fiber. They’re available in either soft, medium, or stiff textures.
6. CARCAREZ 10" Car Wash Brush
- All sided bristles
- Cleans difficult surfaces without scratching
- Suitable for painted areas
- Even though it's advertised with a universal handle attachment point, some had issues finding a suitable handle
The CARCAREZ 10-inch car wash brush is one of the best ways to get your boat sparkling clean. With a large head, it will allow you to easily reach all the difficult areas. It is the ultimate tool for keeping your boat looking new. The yellow, soft bristles on this brush are non-abrasive, making them safe for all the exterior surfaces your boat has. The soft nylon bristles will not scratch the surfaces.
7. EVERSPROUT 5-to-12 Foot Scrub Brush
- Ideal for cleaning hard to reach areas
- Can be used on your boat, vehicle, lawn, and many other objects
- Easy to store and transport
- It has a soft, durable, anti-skid handle
- Built-in rubber bumper that prevents scratches and dents
- It’s a bit pricey
- It doesn’t float
The EverSprout Scrub Brush is ideal for cleaning everything on your boat, from the grill and deck, to any other hard to reach surfaces.
If you love spending time on the water, and you’re looking for a brush to clean your boat, the EverSprout Scrub Brush is an ideal option. It has a 12-feet long handle – but it’s flexible enough to allow you to reach up to twenty feet when cleaning.
8. Superio Deck Scrub Brush
- Built for tough scrubbing jobs
- Great for outdoor furniture, as well as wooden decks, pool deck, ramp, tile or concrete floors, grout lines, siding, and more
- Long handle makes it convenient for large and hard to reach areas
- Stiff bristle material for scrubbing surfaces clean
- Comes with cleaning brush and scraper
- Handle bends easily
This brush works really well with outdoor surfaces that need a deep clean. It allows you to reach high up onto a deck or a patio and scrub away all the debris that you find there.
The bristles are stiff, which means you can scrub off stubborn grime in the cracks. This brush is built for power, but it still comes with the comfort of a long handle.
9. MEIBEI Deck Brush
- Strongly built
- The shape of the brush makes it suitable for many different surfaces
- Price tag is fairly modest
- Premium quality stainless steel
- Head unscrews easily
The MEIBEI heavy-duty floor brush is designed with a long 51 inches stainless steel handle. It is perfect for cleaning large areas and surfaces, such as for boat hull, patio, entryway, and your driveway. After extended use, the brushes won’t bend out of shape. The brush is lightweight, and the end of the handle has a 360 rotating hook.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best boat wash?
Fiberglass is the most common material for making boats, so any kind of boat wash that can be used on fiberglass will work on at least some part of your boat. Using professional and dedicated cleaning products is advisable, as other washing solutions can damage the surfaces.
How do I make my boat deck white again?
If you find yourself with a dingy-looking boat, doing a little deck cleaning to bring freshness back to your boat can be a rewarding project. That said, too much cleaning can be harmful to your boat's finish, especially if you use the wrong products and equipment.
To make your deck white again, consider doing research and choosing the most powerful (but suitable) washing chemicals. If nothing works, your final option is to repaint it.
How often should I clean the bottom of my boat?
The general recommendation is to clean the hull of the boat once a month, but this really varies from place to place and varies dramatically with the type of boat that you have. Boats with slow trolling motors and bigger engines will usually need to be cleaned more often than those with smaller, trolling-style motors that run at higher speeds.
If you have a boat that sits on swampy waters, you're going to be cleaning it far more than someone with a boat that is on a clean lake. If your boat has a cover or a hardliner installed, you will also find that the outside, ex